Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello

Hi my name is Jenna and I am a junior transfer student from the University of Arizona, and I am now a Critical Studies major at the best university in southern California. Growing up I have always been interested in movies and television shows and how the whole industry works. I attended Mater Dei High School and there was I first introduced to the ability to make my own short shows and have a taste of what it is like to run a morning show. Being in that class inspired me even more to want to further my education in the movie and television business. 

I have decided to focus my blogs on television demographics on the CW network, and the different shows use outside resources and keep them connected. I have found it very interesting that how in TV shows today a variety of different products are exposed toward the viewer in attempt to convince them to buy their product. The different stations also form websites that allow their viewers to stay connected once their show is over, which allows a connection between the audience and the show to form a greater fan base. 

In my blogs I am going to explore different television shows and their attempts at influencing their viewers through their product placement and outside material. The CW network has the ability to attract a young audience and whether they realizes the advertisers push with the product or not they subconsciously are being pushed toward wanting their product. Different genres and age categories have the ability of being attracted through different methods; which ultimately result in the same thing, and the station reaches their goal. My blogs will focus on the CW shows different genres and age demographics and their ability to use cross promotion, product placement and outside sources to influence and attract their viewers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment