Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Pageflakes

I welcome you to my TV Demographics pageflake site by clicking on the link provided. There you will find sites related to all things that involve demographics in the television industry. The first flake you will find under RSS Flakes is Flypaper.tv, this site offers stories and information on the “fast-evolving online media climate”. This site allows me to stay updated with everything that is happening in the entertainment and television industry by having the access to stories about Nielsen ratings, and the buzz that is surrounding the online world of network’s attempt at branching out their shows to different markets. Next is TRAC media services, here I am able to gain a better understanding about the public television audience, membership, trends, and community. This particular article explains why demographics are so important in television. A table of this demographic information is also given to allow for a better understanding of who is watching the most television during the day.

Below that is MediaPost News Online, this particular article explains how much the younger generations have shaped the way networks feature their television shows. It explains how many of their fans use their online sites to catch up on missed shows during the week. Along with news this site also had different blog categories and the TV Board in particular has been very helpful. WIRED blog network is next which contains news on entertainment changes and improvements. Freepress, right below WIRED, is beneficial to me as I try to understand why and how different media sources are connected. The “Big Six” link shows me all of the 6 major corporations and how they control what it is that we watch, and read.

USA Today is also another site that is more readily available to the public with information on television show’s changes and advancements. Next you will find The New York Times Media and Advertising, TV Decoder blog by a contributor to the Times. He frequently writes about different tv shows, demographic changes, and the entertainment industry. Fancast provides episodes, movies, trailers and clips from recent Hollywood events, and not to mention all of these viewings are free. Blogging on this site is also available to those that want to voice their opinions about the site and different shows that are aired here. MSN TV contains recent news on all kinds of television information from tv picks, to tv news; there’s no excuse for a popular show to go unnoticed. The final pageflake under my RSS Flakes is CNET News, this site has access to Digital Media news articles.

At the top of the right hand column is Diigo Bookmark Flake, this flake is for all of the websites that I have found interest in as I have surfed through the web. The majority of them are focused around my central topic, television demographics. Next are my Search Flakes, the Universal News Search, Universal Blog Search, and a Google search. The key words that I have used in the search bar are television demographics, this links me to all things that relate to television and the networks demographics. Below that is a Bibliography Flake that contains the Citeline site, where all of my information is for the sites that I will be using in my paper number three. The sites consist of four web articles, and two book sites. Many of the articles that I found help me to understand why the demographic age of 18 to 34 is so vital in the television industry. Their young impressionable personalities allow the networks to test out their market strategies to strengthen their numbers. One of the articles Will Hollywood Act its Age provides me with the latest technique that networks are using to provide their viewers with alternative ways to view their television shows; they are taking advantage of the Internet and cell phones. The final flake on my pageflake site is my Soulmate Flake. My assignment to find someone who has common interests as me was a challenge I overcame. Fortunately I was able to find one, his name is Matt Kramer. He and I share many common interests, with television being the major one.

My pageflake site seems that it will be extremely useful to me by allowing me to constantly be updated with changes in television. It is also easily available for others to see and navigate themselves through. Who knows maybe I’ll be able to convince more people to get involved in the world of television demographics!

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment