Thursday, April 9, 2009

Advertising Age: MediaWorks

To all of my followers I think that you will be excited to hear about my discovery of a widget that will keep you that much more informed about what is going on in the advertising world. You probably are thinking why would I think Advertising Age would be something that I am excited about and think would be beneficial, when the blogs I write about are based on television demographics. Well, the reason why I think this widget is so valuable is because advertisers are all of the networks main source of revenue, and having the stories available at a moments notice will help to expand your knowledge about the advertising world as well.

The large role that advertisers play with television is so significant that with out them the stations would not be here today. Advertising Age has widgets that provide an emphasis on different advertising topics, and the one that I choose has an emphasis on MediaWorks. The articles that they have on advertising in the media will allow for a better understanding of how different television networks function. The way that it is set up will be easy for those of you who do not have the time to sit down and read a long article, the short clips give you a sense of if the article is to your liking or not.

I’ve learned that having knowledge of all aspects that are related to television demographics will put you one step ahead of everyone else. It gives you an advantage when you are talking about demographics to incorporate the information of other fields of research as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment