Sunday, February 22, 2009

Key Deomgraphics

I choose this blog by Brian Stelter on Harsh News for Networks, as Well as for People Over 50 as my topic of interest for my paper because I find it very interesting how people 50 and over are no longer key viewers. It makes me wonder why networks rule out there 50 and over population when they seem to contribute to a large part of their ratings. I am also curious as to what the networks are doing that keeps their viewers in tune with their shows.

There does seem to be one network that holds their 18 to 49 age demographic to be true except for,

“The CW who continues their median age as being 34”.

It makes me wonder if the networks think that these 18 to 49 year olds are more willing to contribute to all of the different aspects that are provided to enthrall their viewer in their shows.

Many of the other networks such as ABC and CBS have their median viewers ages range at 50 and 54. CBS is able to make up for this older demographic because they are the parent station to CW whom is taking care of their younger demographic. All of the viewers contribute something different to each station as key viewers whom help to increase their ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment