Monday, February 9, 2009

Reddit Social Networking

After spending hours surfing the web and exploring different social bookmarking sites to figure what site would be most valuable to me and my readers I decided on this one called Reddit. I came across this site by Googling “television social bookmarking sites” and found a page titled “Top 10 Social Bookmarking Sites”. Here I was able to read quick descriptions of each one, then searched the different sites and saw what they had to offer.

Reddit has 1.2 million visitors in the United States with the ability to attract mostly male in between the ages of 35 and 44 with their income being very high. Another thing that caught my eye is that it said that business and entertainment do well with their audience.

On this site you are able to type in the search bar any specific type of post that you are looking for. Then a long list of different blog sites that have blogs that relate to what you are looking for. Reddit is great because you do not have to install anything in order to search around on their site. You can also create your own reddit, and post your own blogs and have the ability vote on which blogs you think are “hot or not”. There’s also a variety of other categories to choose from such as economics, science, programming, business, comics, gaming. Each of these categories are divided into different types of stories such as “hot”, “new”, “most controversial”, and “top stories”. This site is full of fun and educational blogs and has something for everyone.

This site will allow me to stay current with the information that is going on and I will be able to choose from a variety of different sites to look on. I found a blog on MGM posting movies and TV shows on YouTube, blogs like this will allow me to stay updated with changes in the entertainment business.

No comments:

Post a Comment