Sunday, February 8, 2009

Similar Blogs Commentary

As I have been searching around for other people’s blogs that relate to my topic on Television Demographics in this media generation I have come across many that have become of interest. These have provided more insight for me as I learn more about the different demographics with other networks.

One blog that caught my attention is titled “CBS: Online and TV Age Demographics”. Although this is not about the CW network I found it interesting to compare the two networks. CBS’s age demographic of 36 year olds for their online site and 53 year olds watching on television is significantly older than that of the CW. I find it interesting that CBS has such an older fan base, which makes it difficult to make the transition for them to notice their online marketing. The blog does say that the ones on their online site are between the ages of 18 and 25 but less than half of the group watch their shows when the air on the network. I find this blog site to be very interesting and helpful with providing me with ideas and guidelines for my own blogs.

This next blog talks about the ability to someday soon have the option to choose what TV shows that they can subscribe to create their own channel line up. This site is titled “The Internet and the Future of TV”; the future of TV is defiantly on its way to be something that people would never imagine would happen. The ability to have television shows to on the Internet viewed on television screens will change the way networks air their shows. Since their viewers will not be as limited to choose whether they want to watch their show on a big screen on a PC. This blog is very informative and seems to have knowledge of the new wave of technology that could soon change households all over.

The blog titled “A Pirated Fount of Free TV” provided insight to the way that networks are suffering with their television shows streaming online. They are loosing out on a lot of money with the people who are illegally downloading them online for others to view. These bootleg versions of their shows are available for people all over the world to watch which takes away the viewers from watching the shows on the network or on their own website. This blog site will be very useful for me since there is a category on the site is on media and advertising, they also seem to be very knowledgeable about their information.

The CW’s blog is extremely useful since this is the network that I am focusing most of my topics on. This specific blog, “Gossip Girl Chase Crawford Stars in PSA Campaign for Teens for Jeans”, talks about Aeropostale using the “Gossip Girl” star for a non-profit organization which will not only benefit the organization but will benefit the CW as well. This idea of allowing their star to be marketed a positive way helps the CW to gain respect and higher ratings in efforts to gain more viewers.

These blog sites contain many different authors that express their knowledge about television and its demographics. They will all be very useful for me as I continue to express my knowledge in television and its demographics.

No comments:

Post a Comment