Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My "Perfect Soulmate"

With Valentines Day soon approaching I though that I would get into the holiday spirit and find my social bookmarking soulmate. With the amount of people that are on the web there is bound to be at least one person who shares the same interest as me. Much time and consideration went into the process of choosing my perfect match I finally found my soulmate on diigo.com, Matt Kramer. I found him by going on to the New York Times’ blog site and then opened on the diigo side bar to see whom else from diigo goes on that site. His name along with many other peoples’ names came up, so I proceeded to go to other sites that I have used and I noticed that his name continued to come up. So I looked on his page and noticed that we have not only have television and media in common but many other things.

The different tags that we have in common consist of NYC, movies, sports, entertainment, advertising, pop culture, food, arts, and video. His tags are all organized very well so that when people log onto his page they are able to easily identify which topics he finds to be of interest, there is also a number that appears next to each category to tell how many articles he has on it. I found interest in all of the articles and blogs that he has posted on his site. As I looked through his bookmarks and found some gems that will be very useful to me for my blogs.

Matt has almost one thousand pages bookmarked, the majority of his pages are bookmarks for the Boston Globe and the New York Times. I think that his profile will be very helpful for me to refer to it for different articles that I can use for my own blogs. He does not seem to have commented on any of the articles that he has bookmarked but he has many useful ones for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment